Singer 1234 Sewing Machine
The Singer 1234 Sewing Machine may look somewhat like a child’s toy, but appearances can be misleading. Though very basic, this is actually a highly serviceable, extremely reasonably priced sewing machine for anyone who only needs the fundamentals. Slightly scaled down in size and weight, this machine travels well and can easily be stored away when not in use.
While this is not a feature-packed sewing machine, it can handle most sewing or mending chores. Controls are very simple and easy to interpret, consisting of a stitch selection dial and a reverse lever. The six basic stitches include straight, satin, zigzag, blind hem, scallop and a four-step buttonhole. The selection of presser feet is equally as limited: all-purpose, buttonhole and zipper.
The Singer 1234 Sewing Machine includes some very nice features. A threading diagram is printed right on the machine, so threading is quick and easy, even for the absolute beginner. Threading is a tedious chore, and, if done incorrectly, can cause innumerable problems. An easy-to-read threading guide is a significant advantage. Additionally, the length and stitch width settings are pre-programmed, eliminating another decision that might be confusing for the beginner.
Dual spool pins allow the use of two different threads for professional-looking hem stitching, giving a more finished look to garments made from knit fabrics, or for decorative sewing using two different thread colors. A removable free arm makes hemming pants, as well as attaching sleeves and collars, a breeze.
The included accessories are the necessities: extra needles and bobbins, a combination lint brush and seam ripper, a darning plate, power cord and foot pedal, user manual and Quick Start Guide. A nice addition is a project sheet for a tote bag that is designed to be used to carry and store the 1234. Finally, some cute and colorful decals are included so that the machine can be personalized, which will appeal to young sewers.
Priced at about $100, this machine will appeal to three groups of sewers: beginners who are interested in learning on an easy-to-use machine; intermediate sewers who want a basic machine just for repairs and simple projects; and serious sewers, with more sophisticated machines at home, who want a smaller, portable sewing machine that can travel to classes, client sites, or on crafting retreats, cruises and vacations. Anyone looking for a low cost, no-frills machine that can deliver functionality, durability and Singer reliability will find what they are looking for in the 1234 Sewing Machine.
The Singer 1234 sewing machine gives beginning sewists and hobbyists just enough features to get their creativity off the ground. Perfect for beginners and hobbyists.
Features OF The Singer 1234 Sewing Machine
- Easy Threading
- Threading diagrams are printed right on the machine so you can be set-up in no time!
- 6 Built-In Stitches
- Blind Hem
- 4-Step Buttonhole
- Easy Stitch Selection
- With the easily accessible stitch dial you can change stitches in one easy step!
- Automatic Tension
- Ensures stable straight stitch quality regardless of the type of fabric.
- Preset Stitch Length and Width
- Getting started sewing is easy! There's no need to make stitch length and width adjustments.
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- The internal skeleton of the sewing machine consists of a Heavy Duty Metal Frame that holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for skip-free sewing and overall durability. You can be sure that your sewing machine will last for years of extended use.
- Dual Spool Pins for Twin Needle Sewing
- The two vertical spool pins make twin needle sewing quick and easy. When sewing with a twin needle (optional purchase), parallel rows of stitching are perfect for hemming or adding a decorative touch. Just reduce the stitch width on selected stitches and twin needle sewing expands your creative possibilities.
- Free Arm Convertible
- The removable free arm provides easy access to cuffs, collars, pant hems and other difficult-to-reach areas.
- LED Sewing Space Light
- The LED Sewing Space Light keeps your workspace illuminated.
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter
- Offers more clearance when sewing multiple layers of bulky fabric.
- Automatic Bobbin Winding System
- Simply follow the numbered diagram printed on the sewing machine and your bobbin is full in no time! The needle bar automatically disengages when winding the bobbin, making bobbin winding safe. The bobbin will automatically stop turning when the bobbin is completely filled. Never worry about overfilling a bobbin!;
- Free Accessories (Located in the free arm storage tray)
- All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Darning Plate, Pack of Needles, Bobbins, Needle Plate Screwdriver, Spool Pin Felts, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush, Power Line Cord, Foot Control, Quick Start Guide, Instruction Manual.
- Three Presser Feet included
- All-Purpose Foot - for the majority of your sewing projects.
- Buttonhole Foot - for adding buttonholes, slots for ribbon and more.
- Zipper Foot - for adding zippers, piping, cording and more.
Download The Singer 1234 Sewing Machine Quick Start Guide HERE
Download The Singer 1234 Sewing Machine Manual HERE
SINGER 1234 Sewing Machine Owner's Class
Learn the ins-and-outs of your Singer 1234 Sewing Machine. The SINGER Owner's Class shows you how to set up your machine, how to thread your machine, change needles, sew a hem, sew on buttons, sew seams, zippers and much more.
Sewing Machine Tote Bag Tutorial - Singer 1234 Sewing Machine
The tutorial includes the materials you will need and step-by-step sewing instructions. This tote bag was specifically designed to fit the SINGER 1234 sewing machine perfectly. Great for taking your machine to a class or a friend's house. The tote bag is lined, has box corners, and has an optional band and a bow on it as well.
Buttonholes - Singer 1234 Sewing Machine
How to sew buttonholes on the SINGER 1234 sewing machine.
Changing Needles - SINGER 1234 Sewing Machine
How and when to change needles on the SINGER 1234 sewing machine.
Sewing a Hem - SINGER 1234 Sewing Machine
How to sew hems on the SINGER 1234 sewing machine. Learn how to do a simple double fold hem.
Sewing Seams - SINGER 1234 Sewing Machine
How to sew a seam on the SINGER 1234 sewing machine.