Singer 1304 Start Sewing Machine
A Good Place to Begin!
The Singer 1304 Start sewing machine has been designed with 2 very particular types of customers in mind. The first is the person who wants a sewing machine simply to do maintenance sewing: repair a zipper, attach Boy Scout patches or mend a ripped seam. The second is the absolute beginning sewer who is interested in but not committed to learning to sew. This cute little machine, weighing only 9.8 pounds, will not be adequate for an experienced or ambitious sewer. However, the price, well under $200, and the simplicity of operation make this a top choice for someone who really wants a sewing machine but does not want to invest much money or time learning to use it.
This is a very basic machine with only 6 built-in stitches. Further, the user cannot alter the stitch width or length. Sizes are preset for each stitch and no variation is possible. This is a serious limitation. On the other hand, it greatly simplifies operation and the preset sizes are probably appropriate for the jobs each is intended to do. These six stitches include a straight stitch, zizag, satin, scallop, blind hem and a four-step buttonhole. The three presser feet included are: buttonhole foot, zipper foot and general purpose foot. This is about as minimalist as sewing can get.
The Singer Start’s accessories are comparable to those included with pricier machines: a darning plate to cover the feed dogs when free motion is needed, needles, Singer bobbins, a screwdriver, spool pin felts, a combination seam ripper and lint brush, electrical cord, foot pedal, a handy Quick Start Guide with detailed illustrations and an Instruction Manual. Both the guide and manual are printed in English, French and Spanish.
Free arm construction increases the flexibility and versatility of the singer 1304 start sewing machine. It does have one surprising feature for so basic a machine: dual spool pins for double-needle sewing. Many sewing machines costing much more do not include this. In addition to two-color decorative stitching, twin-needles would be handy for creating flat fell seams, which add durability and visual interest to clothes and accessories.
Its small size and light weight make this sewing machine ideal for anyone who wants to take it to classes or sewing groups. However, the stitching limitations are a serious drawback. Someone considering this machine would need to think long and hard about how well the Singer 1304 Start sewing machine will meet their current and future sewing needs.
Perfect for beginner sewists and hobbyists.
The Singer 1034 Start sewing machine gives beginning sewists and hobbyists just enough features to get their creativity off the ground.
- Easy Threading
- Threading diagrams are printed right on the machine so you can be set-up in no time!
- 6 Built-In Stitches
- Blind Hem
- 4-Step Buttonhole
- Easy Stitch Selection
- With the easily accessible stitch dial you can change stitches in one easy step!
- Automatic Tension
- Ensures stable straight stitch quality regardless of the type of fabric.
- Preset Stitch Length and Width
- Getting started sewing is easy! There's no need to make stitch length and width adjustments.
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- The internal skeleton of the sewing machine consists of a Heavy Duty Metal Frame that holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for skip-free sewing and overall durability. You can be sure that your sewing machine will last for years of extended use.
- Dual Spool Pins for Twin Needle Sewing
- The two vertical spool pins make twin needle sewing quick and easy. When sewing with a twin needle (optional purchase), parallel rows of stitching are perfect for hemming or adding a decorative touch. Just reduce the stitch width on selected stitches and twin needle sewing expands your creative possibilities.
- Free Arm Convertible
- The removable free arm provides easy access to cuffs, collars, pant hems and other difficult-to-reach areas.
- LED Sewing Space Light
- The LED Sewing Space Light keeps your workspace illuminated.
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter
- Offers more clearance when sewing multiple layers of bulky fabric.
- Automatic Bobbin Winding System
- Simply follow the numbered diagram printed on the sewing machine and your bobbin is full in no time! The needle bar automatically disengages when winding the bobbin, making bobbin winding safe. The bobbin will automatically stop turning when the bobbin is completely filled. Never worry about overfilling a bobbin!
- Free Accessories (Located in the free arm storage tray)
- All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Darning Plate, Pack of Needles, Bobbins, Needle Plate Screwdriver, Spool Pin Felts, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush, Power Line Cord, Foot Control, Quick Start Guide, Instruction Manual.
- Three Presser Feet included
- All-Purpose Foot - for the majority of your sewing projects.
- Buttonhole Foot - for adding buttonholes, slots for ribbon and more.
- Zipper Foot - for adding zippers, piping, cording and more.
- This SINGER sewing machine comes with a limited 25-Year Warranty including 2 years on electronic components and 90 days on adjustments.
- YouTube.com/SingerSewingCompany offers a variety of helpful videos tutorials including the following topics: Threading, Presser Feet Training, Maintenance and Troubleshooting.
- Consumer's Choice - More people own Singer machines than all other brands combined!
Click Here To Purchase The Singer 1304 Start Sewing Machine