Singer 7285Q Patchwork Sewing Machine
This diminutive machine packs a lot of features at an entry level price. The free arm machine is great for working with small items and the extension table adds the needed space for quilting and free motion embroidery.
The Singer 7285Q Patchwork sewing machine has all the decorative and utility stitches you’ll need with 71 decorative, 9 basic, 15 quilting and 8 stretch stitches. It also makes 7 buttonhole types with ease and the drop-in bobbin with clear cover means you’ll never run out of thread mid-seam.
Although this machine does not have a lowering mechanism for the feed dogs, it comes with a raised face plate so you can easily do free motion quilting and sewing. This package includes four quilting and utility feet that work great with this face plate. They include a quarter inch foot, satin stitch foot, walking foot and darning/embroidery foot.
The Singer 7285Q also has advanced features like automatic threading, speed controller lever, programmable up/down needle position and locking stitch function, so your quilts and decorative stitches won’t unravel.
The entire package zips up in a canvas carrying case with space for the extension table as well as the machine and accessories. This makes it perfect for carrying to sewing workshops, quilting classes and for dorm rooms.
While this machine may not have a large throat for big quilting projects, rolling the quilt allows you to sew many medium-size projects. The up/down needle position feature makes quilting and applique a breeze, as you don’t need to manually move the needle each time you come to a stop.
The start and stop button, along with the speed control lever allows you to set your speed for free motion quilting without the use of the foot pedal.
The extra high foot presser makes sewing over bulky layers of fabric a breeze and the automatic stitch length and width settings can be manually over-ridden to adapt to your specific project.
The Singer 7285Q has everything you need to get started with your sewing project right out of the box. The package includes accessories like a seam ripper, lint brush, instruction manual, needles, screwdriver, and bobbins. It also comes with a basic utility foot, buttonhole foot, zipper foot, overcast foot, blind hem foot, rolled hem foot and gathering foot, as well as the foot pedal, power cord and canvas carrying case.
Features and Benefits Of The Singer 7285Q Patchwork Sewing Machine
- Automatic Needle Threader
- Sewing’s biggest timesaver! This feature makes threading the eye of the needle quick and easy.
- Variable Speed Control
- Easily adjust your maximum sewing speed.
- 6 Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes
- A simple, one-step process that creates balanced buttonholes.
- 1 Endless Buttonhole
- Create buttonholes with endlessly long sides.
- 100 Built-In Stitches
- 15 Quilting, 9 Essential, 8 Stretch, 61 Decorative, 7 Buttonholes
- Bonus Quilting Accessories
- 1/4" Foot, Even Feed / Walking Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Darning & Embroidery Foot
- Programmable Needle Up/Down
- The needle can be programmed to stop in the highest up position, making it easier to remove fabric from the machine. The needle can also be programmed to stop in the down position which is ideal for pivoting, appliquéing and quilting.
- Automatic Stitch Length Width
- Optimal settings for stitch length and width are automatically set, but can be overridden for more personalized sewing.
- Extension Table Included
- The included optional extension table provides a larger working area, an essential for quilting, home decor sewing or when working with a larger project.
- Canvas Cover with Extension Table Pocket
- Keep your sewing machine and extension table dust-free.
- 11 Presser Feet including
- 4 Bonus Quilting Feet Expands your creative sewing and quilting possibilities.
- Top Drop-In Bobbin System with Clear View Cover
- The bobbin loads from the top, so it is easy to insert the bobbin. Simply follow the illustrations pictured on the machine. The clear cover makes it easy to monitor the bobbin thread supply.
- Start / Stop Button
- Unplug the foot control, press the Start button and the machine sews. You are still in complete control over the speed - just slide the Speed Control Lever to the desired speed.
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- The internal rigid support holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for skip-free sewing and overall durability.
- Horizontal Threading
- Quality stitches begin with proper thread delivery. Placing the thread spool in the horizontal position allows for the thread to feed more evenly, reducing poor stitch formation and thread breakage.
- Center Zigzag Taper
- When tapering with the zigzag stitch, the stitch tapers to the center, not the left or right. This feature is especially valuable when appliquéing, because it provides a more attractive look when tapering into or out from a point.
- Automatic Presser Foot Pressure Control
- The amount of pressure exerted on the fabric by the presser foot against the feed dogs is adjusted automatically. Sew from the lightest weight tricots to the heaviest denim, without making adjustments.
- Automatic Tension
- This system ensures stable stitch quality regardless of fabric type.
- Automatic Locking Stitch Function
- Tie-off decorative and utility stitches with just a push of the Auto Lock button. Three tiny tacking stitches reinforce patterns and stitches to prevent unraveling.
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter
- Advantageous when placing multiple layers or bulky fabric under the presser foot.
- 13 Needle Positions
- Needle position can be changed for individual projects like inserting zippers, cords and topstitching.
- 7mm Stitch Width
- Select stitches can be set for a maximum width of 7mm creating attractive satin and decorative stitches.
- Free Arm
- Provides professional results and easy access to cuffs, collars, pant hems and other difficult-to-reach areas.
- Automatic Reverse
- Push the conveniently located Automatic Reverse Button to sew in reverse and reinforce the stitch.
- Sewing Speed
- With a maximum sewing speed of 750 stitches-per-minute, projects can be sewn quickly.
- On Board Storage
- Accessories can be conveniently stored in the removable sewing table.
- Snap-On Presser Feet
- Easily change most presser feet without use of a screwdriver.
- Standard Accessories
- All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Overcasting Foot, Gathering Foot, Narrow / Rolled Hem Foot, Needles, Bobbins (Class 15J), Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Darning Plate, Screwdriver, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush, Extension Table, Canvas Cover with Exterior Pocket, Foot Pedal, Power Cord, Instruction Manual.
- 25-Year Limited Warranty
- Limited 25-year warranty including 5-year electronic components and 1-year adjustments
Download The Singer 7285Q Patchwork Sewing Machine Manual FREE!
Download The Singer 7285Q Patchwork Sewing Machine Product Sheet FREE!
Download The Singer 7285Q Patchwork Sewing Machine Quick Start Guide FREE!