Singer XL-400 Futura Embroidery and Sewing Machine
What Makes the Singer XL 400 Futura Embroidery and Sewing Different?
When it comes to Singer sewing and embroidery machines, the Singer XL 400 Futura Embroidery and Sewing Machine is likely to be a solid workhorse option for anyone who plans on getting a lot done. It features a number of handy features that make it perfect for everything from creating complete fashion projects to adding simple appliqués or personalizing your favorite wardrobe items. Here are the basics you should know about when comparing the XL 400 to other Futura machines.
The Singer XL-400 Futura Embroidery and Sewing Machine Has A Simple Interface
This model is in good company among the many Singer sewing and embroidery machines that lack huge computerized interfaces, but it can still connect to your Windows-compatible computer or laptop via a regular USB cable. The ability to transfer designs directly eliminates the need for extra cards or hardware, and you can get as detailed as you like while you're tweaking your designs using the embroidery software.
The panel on the XL 400's tower is popular among those who prefer a more traditional design yet still want a capable machine. While it lacks the flashy color touch screens found on some embroiderers Janome and Bernina, this also means it's a bit more affordable. Simple stitch selection, clear width and length adjusters, and obvious speed controls may also make it easier to perform basic operations when you're just hemming up a pant leg or closing a seam, and the embroidery's start/stop feature couldn't get any simpler.
The Singer XL-400 Futura Embroidery and Sewing Machine Simplicity of Use
This XL 400 Futura model was clearly intended to take the work out of common tasks. An automatic needle threader and SwiftSmart threading system means you no longer need to spend what feels like eons getting ready just to make a few stitches. The machine's independent winding motor also lets you fill bobbins without stopping, and loading them is as basic as inserting and letting the machine automatically pick up the thread.
The Singer XL-400 Futura Embroidery and Sewing Machine Easier Embroidery
This machine is capable of embroidering multi-hoop designs of about 18" x 11", so don't feel too restricted by the 10" x 6" dimensions of the largest hoop. The XL 400 also makes positioning more reliable by including the ability to trace the outline of a design before getting started, and you can print out placement templates with the design software. For those who haven't really played around with embroidery machines before, there are a number of built-in tutorials included with the software, so the learning curve isn't all that steep.
The Singer XL-400 Futura Embroidery and Sewing Machine Is Working the Way You Like
Although this machine isn't designed for super-thick upholstery like some other models by Singer or Pfaff, it does feature an extra-high presser foot lift, so you should be able to work with a range of materials. Like other Singer sewing and embroidery machines in the Futura family, the machine design features a wide sewing space and an extra-long bed.
With the usual complement of different presser feet, multiple hoops and standard accessories, the Singer XL 400 Futura is pretty much all you need to get started. This is a good machine for sewing enthusiasts who'd like a bit more flexibility about how they work, but its simple layout means it's probably not too hard for beginners to get used to.
Bring convenience to your workspace with the new, cutting-edge Singer Futura XL-400 Sewing and Embroidery Machine. When used as a sewing machine, it offers 30 built-in sewing stitches and two automatic 1-step buttonholes. The sewing mode also includes features like SwiftSmart threading system with automatic needle threader, and Drop & Sew bobbin system to load and change bobbin threads quickly and easily. Six StayBright LED lights reduce the strain on your eyes by illuminating your extra large sewing space. When used as an embroidery machine, it provides 125 built-in embroidery designs with 5 fonts and outline lettering for endless design possibilities. The multi-hooping feature lets you create larger designs with four times the regular hoop size.
- Includes 6” x 10” embroidery hoop, 4” x 4” embroidery hoop, embroidery foot, thread spool nets, scissors, usb cable, embroidery software and design cd, all-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot with underplate, blind hem foot, satin stitch foot, button sewing foot, pack of needles, bobbins (class 15J), thread spool caps, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt, screwdrivers, seam ripper / lint brush, quick start guide, instruction manual with stitch guide, foot control and power cord
- Computer Requirements: Personal Computer with 1 GHz Intel or AMD Processor, Windows OS: Windows XP/ Vista/ 7, 1 GB of RAM (or more recommended), CD-ROM Drive, 500 MB (or more recommended) of Available Hard-Disk Space for Installation, Color Standard (1024x768 pixel, 65,000 colors recommended), VGA Adapter Connected with Color VGA Monitor, Microsoft Compatible Mouse, USB 1.1/2.0
- Design file compatibility automatically reads most embroidery design file formats including FHE, CHE, XXX, PSW, PEC, PES, HUS, SEW, EXP, DST, PCS, JEF, SHV, VIP
- SwiftSmart threading system with automatic needle threader is the biggest timesaver
- 30 built-in sewing stitches: essential, stretch, decorative, 2 fully automatic 1-step buttonholes plus 125 built-in embroidery designs with 5 fonts and outline lettering
- Drop and Sew bobbin system with long arm design to easily handle big projects
Purchase The Singer XL-400 Futura Sewing and Embroidery Machine At Joann's>
Sewing and Embroidery come together
The Singer Futura XL-400 sewing and embroidery machine: everything you love about your Singer sewing machine, built right into an embroidery machine. It’s never been easier to add the personal touches that make your sewing projects shine. Automatic features make it easy to let your creativity lead the way!
Features and Benefits Of The Singer XL-400 Futura Sewing and Embroidery Machine
- SwiftSmart Threading System with Automatic Needle Threader
- Sewing's biggest timesaver!
- Separate Bobbin Winding Motor
- You can easily wind a bobbin while sewing or embroidering.
- Speed Control
- Reduce the speed for precise sewing. Easily accessible on the front of your machine
- 6 StayBright™ LED Lights
- Fills the sewing surface with light, making it easier to view your work and eliminating eye strain
- Drop and Sew Bobbin System
- Automatic bobbin thread pick up for quicker threading. The clear cover makes it easy to see the bobbin supply.
- Extra High Presser Foot Lift
- Easy to place multiple layers or bulky fabrics under the presser foot
- 2 Built-In Spool Pins
- Horizontal and vertical thread delivery is handy for twin needle sewing, specialty sewing and topstitching techniques.
- 2 Accessory Trays
- The machine accessories are within handy reach, stored in the Removable Extension Table. Plus, another extra accessory storage in the embroidery unit for easy access while embroidering.
- Embroidery Features
- To access the built-in tutorials in the software for your SINGER® FUTURA™ sewing & embroidery machine, please follow these instructions:
- >> Open the software.
- >> Click on the Help tab at the top of the toolbar.
- >> Click on How-To Tutorial.
- >> Choose a category.
- 2 Snap-On Hoops Included
- Create beautiful embroideries in a variety of sizes: NEW extra large 10” x 6” and Small 4” x 4”
- Multi-Hoop Capability to Embroider Larger Designs
- Gives endless possibilities to embroider designs up to 18 ½” x 11”
- 125 Embroidery Designs Included
- A large selection of embroidery designs to get you started right away.
- Design File Capability
- Automatically reads most embroidery design file formats.
- Basic Editing of All Designs
- Customize your embroidery on your computer screen. Combine multiple designs into one design file and add lettering to personalize your embroidery. Select custom colors for your threads. The software includes thread charts with color numbers for the most popular brands of embroidery thread. Rotate embroidery designs in one degree increments for perfect placement and design possibilities. Flip embroidery designs horizontally and/or vertically or repeat embroidery designs for even more creative possibilities. Resizing capability allows you to reduce or enlarge the embroidery design for use on any project.
- Lettering Program with 5 Fonts
- Select from 5 embroidery fonts to personalize or monogram your projects. Letters can be sized, rotated and shaped with 30 lettering frames such as arc, banner, wave and more.
- Trace Design
- Trace the outline of the design in the embroidery hoop to accurately position the design.
- 3D Realistic View and Print Capabilities
- Stitches appear on the computer screen exactly as they will sew. Print the design to create placement templates.
- Connects Directly to Computer with USB Cable
- Quick transfer of designs, no additional hardware or cards are needed.
- Windows Compatible
- Operates with any computer with an Operating System of Windows® XP or higher, including Vista®, Windows® 7 and Windows® 8 (Windows® 8 requires software update available at Futura-Support.com)
- Built-In Tutorials
- Easy “How To” Instructions built right in.
- Additional Embroidery Designs
- Download additional embroidery designs at myembroideries.com
- Additional Software Available
- Use your own images or clip art to automatically create custom embroideries.
- Auto CrossStitch™
- Easily convert images to cross-stitch designs.
- Convert your favorite photos to embroidery designs.
- Convert your own computer's Windows® true type fonts into custom monograms and lettering.
- Customize any section of a design or its stitches.
- Sewing Features
- Extra Large Sewing Space
- The arm length to the right of the needle is 210 mm (8 ¼”) which gives more space for quilts and other large projects.
- 30 Stitches
- For a wide variety of sewing. You will always have the perfect stitch for every project. Includes 6 Basic, 5 Stretch, 17 Decorative and 2 Buttonhole stitches
- 2 Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes
- Buttonholes are quickly and easily sewn in a simple one-step process. Both columns are sewn in the same direction to lie smoothly and prevent distortion. Choose from two different styles for various sewing applications.
- Up to 7mm Stitch Width
- Decorative stitches are wide, bold and beautiful.
- Presser Foot Sensor
- Notifies with error message and buzzer when presser foot is not down
- Exclusive Buttonhole Underplate
- Makes it easy to create buttonholes, even on thick fabrics or uneven fabric thicknesses
- Programmable Needle Up / Down
- One touch sets the needle to stop up or down for easy pivoting, appliqué, accurate stitch placement and more.
- Electronic Twin Needle Function
- Limits the stitch width when using a twin needle on decorative stitches to prevent needle breakage
- Drop Feed
- A convenient lever lowers the feed teeth for free-motion embroidery and creative top stitching.
Watch The Video On The Singer Futura XL-400 Sewing and Embroidery Machine
The Singer XL-400 FUTURA is everything you love about your Singer sewing machine, built right into an embroidery machine. This sewing and embroidery machine has 30 popular Built-In Sewing Stitches with 2 Fully-Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes and also boasts 125 Built-In Embroidery Designs with 5 Fonts and Outline Lettering. The embroidery hoop sizes are 10in x 6in and 4in x 4in, but with the Multi-Hooping function that allows your designs to be four times the hoop size, your possibilities are endless.
Computer Requirements: Personal Computer with 1 GHz Intel or AMD Processor, Windows OS: Windows XP/ Vista/ 7, 1 GB of RAM (or more recommended), CD-ROM Drive, 500 MB (or more recommended) of Available Hard-Disk Space for Installation, Color Standard (1024x768 pixel, 65,000 colors recommended), VGA Adapter Connected with Color VGA Monitor, Microsoft and reg; Compatible Mouse, USB 1.1/2.0
Features: SWIFTSMART Threading System with Automatic Needle Threader is the biggest timesaver. and nbsp; Just guide the thread directly from the spool to the needle area through a single groove and thread the needle by simply pressing the threading lever for truly one-touch threading. 6 STAYBRIGHT LED lights keep your extra-large sewing space well lit when working on those big projects Design file compatibility automatically reads most embroidery design file formats Easy-On Extra Large 10 Inch X 6 Inch Embroidery Hoop with Multi Hooping capability 30 Built-In Sewing Stitches--6 Essential, 5 Stretch, 17 Decorative, 2 Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes plus 125 Built-In Embroidery Designs with 5 Fonts and Outline Lettering DROP and amp; SEW Bobbin System with Long Arm design to easily handle big projects Included Accessories: 10 inch x 6 inch Embroidery Hoop, 4 inch x 4 inch Embroidery Hoop, Embroidery Foot, Thread Spool Nets, Scissors, USB Cable, Embroidery Software and Design CD, All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot with Underplate, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Pack of Needles, Bobbins (Class 15J), Thread Spool Caps, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Screwdrivers, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush, Machine Intro DVD, Quick Start Guide, Instruction Manual with Stitch Guide, Foot Control, Power Cord
SINGER is Sewing Made Easy Online YouTube instructional videos illustrate how to thread the machine and get started sewing. Heavy Duty Metal Frame holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for skip-free sewing and durability.
Download The Singer XL-400 Futura Sewing and Embroidery Machine Manual FREE!
Download The Singer XL-400 Futura Sewing and Embroidery Machine Product Sheet FREE!
Download The Singer XL-400 Futura Sewing and Embroidery Machine Quick Start Guide FREE!